Friday I had the day off, so Greg decided we should go on a family field trip to Magnolia Plantation and Gardens and check it out before he had to meet up with guys to play golf. We have lived by the plantations for 4 years and we have never been, so we figured we need to at least go to one as "tourists" and check it out. I drive by them everyday to work, and we have gone to a few for some events, but we have never actually gone to tour the plantation or garden area. We went early, thinking we'd beat the heat, the tourists, and give Greg plenty of time to make his tee time, but of course Zoe had other plans. She was fine when we got there, albeit a little crabby from an early wake-up, but after about 10 minutes of touring the gardens she had a total melt down. She screamed and cried and did not want to see anything. Here are some pictures before the melt down and then you can see the melt down progress throughout the tour!

Playing in the gardens--the first 10 minutes of peace!

I dared her to touch the flowers in the fountain, so she was being brave to show me she could do it.

Our little angel!

A close up before the tantrum begins.

We thought this pictures was kind of cool. I was snapping so quickly because she was in such a random mood that I think I took this while the lens was still focusing. It hurts your eyes if you look at it too long, but it is kind of interesting.

Now we're at the point where she is not liking her picture being taken at all!

Showing us the "alligators" that were really tree branches in the river.
The plantations sit right next to the Ashley River, such a pretty view.
The beautiful view from the gardens.
Greg and Zoe--I had to take it from far away so you couldn't see her crying.
We were hot and tired, so we viewed the gardens in under an hour, dropped Greg off for HIS play date, and Zoe and I went to T.J. Maxx (our favorite store) and had a lunch date. She behaved a lot better after that, but she let us know how miserable she was! Apparently if Ms. Zoe's miserable, we're all going to be miserable.

No comments:
Post a Comment