Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Birthday Wrap-up


So we had three birthday parties in the last six weeks. Well, the first one was Zoe's and then we missed a few (sorry Bella and Emory) and then once I got back, we had 2 more to attend. We never realized how many of Zoe's little girl friends were all born in the summer, but there are a lot of them. I always felt bad for people who had summer birthdays when I was growing up. I guess I felt like since they did celebrate their birthdays at "school", they really got robbed of part of their birthday fun. That's partly because my mom always made a huge deal when it came to birthdays.
My mom would stay up so late the night before our birthdays (Jordan and I are 3 days apart so she got to do it for both of us, at the same time) and make cupcakes for the entire class. Every single year we would take these huge cupcake holders to the elementary school, full of 25+ cupcakes (I went to school in Utah--they had A LOT OF KIDS in the class--if you've ever lived in Utah you get the point). Then she would make us a cake (one for each of us), from scratch of course, and decorate it by hand. Then we would have friends over for a "sleepover party" (can you imagine ten 8-year-old girls in your house--nightmare) or go to Chuck-E-Cheese, or ice skating. The point is, she did so much for us, especially since our birthdays are so close together and she was a single mom on a teacher's salary for a long time. She really made birthdays very special, so I try to do the same for Zoe.
We love birthdays in our household and try to make them special for everyone. We hope we can do the same at everyone else's birthday too. We have had the best time going to friends parties and hanging out with our school friends and even some new friends too. This is probably on my mind because of all the birthday photos I have been going through, and also because we have a BIG birthday coming up! Guess who is going to be turning the big 3-0 on the 30th! I'll give you a hint--it's not me:)!

Blowing out her *trick* candles--Daddy swears he didn't know! Yea right--we're sure he didn't:)
Margaret helped Zoe open all of her presents, such a good older cousin.
Zoe's present from Papa and Gigi.
The boy cousins LOVED her car! They were all over it and Watson even got a turn!


Madelyn's Birthday at Ready, Set, Rock-n-Roll
(This place had these crazy Jump Castles and I figured she would be terrified of it--she loved it and of course had to immediately get on the biggest, scariest one I have ever seen in my life--the slide.)
Zoe and Daddy going down the "Bigggg Slide"
Thrilled to be hanging with the big kids the the gigantic slide.
This is the ladder leading up to the slide-I took Zoe the first time and that was enough for me. Greg had to take Zoe and several of her friends since he was one of the few daddies there! We didn't even get a picture with the birthday girl, because we couldn't get them off of the slide, so sorry this is all you get to see.
This blur is me taking Zoe down the slide. It was so steep you had to hold onto these handles at the top! I'm telling you it was terrifying, but she loved it!


For Josie's Birthday we went to the water park today, but of course I forgot my camera (I know, I know, but you try getting a 2 year old and your non-morning person husband out of the house by 9 in the morning and then you can judge me:)). So I have pictures on my phone, but I have not downloaded them, so you get pictures of the play date we had with Josie last week.

We met up with Josie and Jocelyn for a play date last Friday. Josie is Zoe's very best friend. She used to go to school with us, but her mom, Jocelyn is a teacher so Josie is out of school now and is starting a new school in the fall. We try to get the girls together as much as possible because they just love having fun together and it gives Jocelyn and I a chance to catch up. Josie is smaller than Zoe (I know that's not hard to do since Zoe's huge) but she is FEARLESS! This little girl has the best balance of any child I have ever seen and she is very strong. She was doing things on the playground that 3 or 4 year olds would be scared to do! She is tiny, but very tough--that's why we love Josie.
Showing Zoe "the ropes" at Brittlebank Park
We loved the slide...
and the red dragon...
and the slide again.

We had the best time with Jocelyn and Josie! We will have to meet up with Hurley's a lot more now that the girls don't go to school together. I will update party pictures soon:)!

No comments: