Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Germany

I am finally finished with reserve duty so I can post some pictures of our trip to Europe. We had the best time when we went for Jordan and Natalie's wedding last month. We were there for 10 days, so we were able to do some traveling before the wedding events started. Here are just a few snapshots of our great trip to Germany. We can't wait to go back and do even more traveling the next time--I'm thinking Spain and Italy:)! 

The Cologne Cathedral from the train station. 
Inside the Dom
 Every time I go there is some type of scaffolding to ruin the pictures:)! I can still complain about it, even if it is Europe. 
 The chocolate fountain at the chocolate museum--with the Rhein in the background. Does it get any better?
 At the Lindt chocolate musuem the workers were "making" the chocolates in front of us. This lady was painting the dark and white chocolate soccer balls which looked very tedious but also delicious!
 Statues of the family Sarotti man...is anyone else offended?
 The view from the top of the Dom--we climbed all the way up and it was a lot harder to do now that I'm old and out of shape. Completely worth it though.
 We stopped for a minute to have some tea with this wonderful hostess. Who could refuse this little face? Gigi's house was completely stocked with toys, books, and table and tea set for the little princess. She was in heaven.  Plus she has her own room too--Jordan and I don't even have rooms, but Zoe does. Can we say spoiled?
 The cathedral in Wiesbaden, the town where my parents live. We went to the Saturday market to get some food for the shower and bridal party.
 The fresh berries at the market downtown Wiesbaden.
 We had to get a picture in front of the life size bear. For $5000 Euro you could have one too:)! 
 Fooling around at Gigi's with her very "Euro" reading glasses...
 which provided hours of entertainment.
 Jordan, Greg and I went to a Bundesleague (the top league in Germany) football (soccer) game.
 Jordan got us awesome seats and it was the first game in the new stadium, so we felt pretty special.
 Getting to pose with the Groom!
 The next day we took a day trip over to Rudesheim which sits right on the Rhein. Zoe loved this clows and we had to take several pictures with him during the day.
 The beautiful village.
 Going over the vineyards on the way to the top of hill
 Riding up with daddy!
What a breathtaking view. 

More pictures to come from the wedding. We took so many pictures while we were gone, it's taken me a while to get them edited. I have tough time selecting the few to go up on the blog, so check out my facebook page if you want to see more. 

No comments: