Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Boise

As most of you know, my father passed away last month. We made the trip out to Boise, ID--a first for Zoe and Greg. We were all shocked by how quickly the cancer spread and took my father's life so quickly, but I definitely felt a sense of peace being with his wonderful wife, and family. I am so sad I did not get a chance to really say goodbye but I am forever grateful for the moments we shared as a family during this difficult time. I hadn't been to Boise in years, and I was reminded of how beautiful the area was as soon as we get there. Donna had done EVERYTHING for the ceremony, which was amazing!
The garden where the placard will be.
It was such a beautiful day, even though it was difficult.
The view from the State House.
The ceiling inside the State House--it was such a nice building!
Picking Snap Peas with Donna! Their garden was beautiful!
Hanging out on the back porch.
My step-sister Brittany has a daughter, Grace, who is Zoe's age. We took the girls to Zoo and they had a great time.
Brittany, Grace, Zoe and me hanging out at the park. The girls had the best time together.
Donna and Zoe at our dinner at Murphy's!

We had a good visit in Boise. It was a difficult trip, but one full of family and new friends. I am so glad we all went and look forward to going again to see everyone. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers, they are so appreciated.

No comments: