Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend At the Beach

We had a really relaxing Memorial Day Weekend planned with only a few plans. However, I got a call on Thursday that changed all of that:)! It was a really nice surprise and if you scroll through the pictures you can see what fun we had.

Greg flew on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (again we had nothing planned so we thought it would be a good weekend for him to fly) so Zoe and I went over to Destin to see the Rhynes family. I hadn't seen Katherine since my wedding (2006) so when she said they were coming to Destin for vacation we knew we had to get together. The girls had never met each other and they had the best time playing together.

Whenever I would try to pictures one would smile and the other would make a face. This is how it went all day, but what do you expect with two almost 3-year-olds.
Zoe and Stella loved the bag toss. Katherine helped them with it at first, and Stella like throwing the bags while Zoe just tried to gather up as many as she possibly could.
Then we went to dinner at Fisherman's Wharf. It was really good and we had a great time. Zoe thought since Stella was sitting on her Mimi's lap, she should join her. Unfortunately, her big bow covered up Barbara's face!!! Oops! She was smiling about it, I promise. Zoe loved all of the Rhynes and we had a great time.
This one was too funny not to post:)! I promise they like each other, but I think someone was tired of posing at this point.
So the call I got on Thursday was from Aunt April and she and "Baby Conner" (as he will forever be known in our house) came to visit. It was a quick trip but we had a great time going to the park and swimming in the pool. We will get to see them again next month when we go to Disney for Zoe's 3rd Birthday.

I also got to see some of my girlfriends that I used to work with in Destin and then Zoe's friend Liam came over to swim and we had an impromptu cookout. We had such a fun time and we were able to enjoy our favorite tradition of eating our Memorial Day hotdog. Not that we really like hotdogs that much, but my grandmother (MamaZo) always made sure we had hotdogs on Memorial Day and Labor Day to signify the beginning and end of summer. So we started ours out right with a fun weekend full of family and friends. We are so blessed and looking forward to a very busy summer.

No comments: