We had this sidewalk chalk and I figured Zoe was old enough now that we could go outside and play with it. Well, Zoe taught me a few things about playing with a toddler!
I learned when playing with your toddler, don't really expect to actually play or hold anything. She will hold everything and will occasionally let you hold what she is playing with and then scream until she gets it back.
I realized that sidewalk chalk is a little bit messier than I had imagined and that I should always change my toddler's clothes before I try to get her to play outside. She managed to get it all over her outfit, hands and even her bottom. Good thing it was chalk and not paint!
I also learned that there really wasn't a whole lot of appeal in this drawing thing for my toddler. She would just let me write something, then proceed to take the chalk away from me and scribble out everything that I wrote. It was cute but I am afraid she's inherited my lack of artistic ability!
She also enlightened me on this squat position which is apparently the only way she will come close to actually sitting these days, unless she's harnessed into something. It makes it easier to get up and try to run away from me.
I also learned how fast she is, she got about halfway down the drive way before I could get her. She must be trying walk off those cute chubby thighs! It is amazing what your child can teach you when you really pay attention. I don't know how she went from my tiny baby last summer to this running toddler in a year!

No comments:
Post a Comment